How to Downgrade iOS 14 back to iOS 13 on iPhone?
Want to roll back your iOS device from iOS 14 to 13? Don’t worry; you will get detailed instructions to get your device downgraded to iOS 13. Sometimes users regret having updated their device to the latest edition. If that is the case with you too, then you are not out of luck. You can easily downgrade your device from public or beta release to iOS 13. Before taking any such action, it is recommended to take an archived backup of all your device data.
Here is how to downgrade your iPhone to iOS 13 with ease:
Putting the Device in Recovery Mode
There is no straightforward process to revert your device’s OS to the standard edition you want. To do so, you need to put your gadget into recovery mode first.
⮚ First of all, you have to switch off your iOS device, be it iPad, iPhone or iPod touch and then follow these instructions as per the device edition:
▪ If you are using iPhone or iPad devices having Face ID, then press and hold the Side tab or Volume button until you see the tab “Slide to Power Off” option. Now, you require dragging your finger across the slide bar.
▪ In case you are using an iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, then tap and hold the Slide tab until the “Slide to Power Off” button appears.
⮚ Now, drag your finger across the available slider.
▪ If you own an iPhone 7 or earlier, iPod touch editions having a tap and touch button and iPad having Home buttons, then you need to tap and hold either the uppermost tab or Side button until the “Slide to Power Off” tab appears. Then, drag the Finder over the slider.
⮚ Once you have read all the above-provided instructions, then you need to connect the cable that came with your device for your PC. Plug it properly and proceed next.
⮚ After that, you have to connect the cable that came with your iOS device, be it iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
⮚ Next, hit the series of buttons associated with your device for triggering Recovery Mode:
▪ In case you have an iPhone or iPad having Face ID, then tap and hold the Slide bar until you view the icon related to Recovery Mode.
▪ If you are using iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, then tap and hold the Side tab until you become able to view the relevant icon of Recovery Mode.
▪ Tap and hold the Volume down tab until you see the icon of Recovery Mode on iPod Touch (7th Gen), iPhone 7 and iPhone Plus.
▪ In case you are using iPhone 6s or older, iPod having a tap and touch feature, iPods with Home Button, then tap and hold the Home tab until you view the icon of Recovery Mode.
Note: In case of Recovery Mode doesn’t allow your device to trigger for downgrading your iPhone from public or beta edition, then you may try running your device into DFU mode.
Downgrading to Earlier Edition of iOS on iPhone or iPad
⮚ Launch Finder (Mac) or iTunes (Windows), if it fails to do so automatically iTunes will detect the device in Recovery Mode and then ask you your next step.
⮚ Hit the Restore tab appears via Finder prompt window.
⮚ Then, click the option “Restore and Update” in order to verify.
⮚ After that, press the Next tab from the Software Updater tool or iOS 13.
⮚ Now, tap the Agree button to accept the user agreement details and then start downloading iOS 13 on your device.
⮚ In case your device reboots to the iOS 14 version just prior to the downloading process, then repeat the procedures written above and put the system back to the Recovery Mode.
Restoring Archived iOS Backup to iPhone or iPad
⮚ Choose the tab “Restore from this backup” from iTunes. If you are using macOS Catalina, then the option can be accessed from Finder.
⮚ After that, select the archived backup option that you have made just prior installing the beta software update.
⮚ Wait for some time for the restoration procedure to get over.In case you also wish to roll back your iPhone from iOS 14 to 13, then you can easily do so as and when you want.
Source :- https://sites.google.com/site/mcafeecomactivateportal/blog/how-to-downgrade-ios-14-back-to-ios-13-on-iphone
Critique This Item